Hi everyone,
My name is Roger Somero & I'd like to share my feelings about the Holy Spirit & speaking in tongues with Amanda and anyone else who may find this of interest.
First I'd like to say that the moment a person begins to look into the subject of the Holy Spirit you're already being prompted by the Holy Spirit... This is AWESOME ! ! !
I was born and raised in the Apostolic Lutheran faith and I'm glad I was raised with WONDERFUL Christian parents,(Mom & Dad are in heaven now) three brothers and two sisters. I met a truly Pentecostal girl at a young age and my life changed totally from that point on (Her name is Kim & we've been married for 33 years now). Actually my life testimony starts much earlier and I'm willing to share it with anyone who may want to hear it.
I believe speaking in tongues is a gift that God gives to whomever he chooses. (This is in the King James version Bible) When I give a friend a gift, I don't give every friend the gift & I feel God must work in the same manor beings I was created in his image. I personally have not been given the gift of speaking in tongues (YET) but I do seek it and I don't feel I'm a lesser person because I haven't been given that particular gift.
God has given me many wonderful gifts in which I'm most grateful for. I've seen God work in ways I could never have imagined. God usually deals with me in absolutely hilarious ways. ( It's usually not funny at the time but when it's all over & I begin to see the whole picture...It's HILARIOUS ! ! ! )
I'm sure we'll all have lots to share on this subject & I'd like to encourage everyone to join this blog so we can all learn more from each other. One thing I've learned in life is that if I complain about something and don't have any answers or ideas, I shouldn't complain at all.
May the Lord bless this blog and all the wonderful people that make this blog possible.
Thank you Pastor Scott, you and your whole family have given SO MUCH to the people of the Copper Country in the short year that you've been here. The life you live encourages me.
In Christs love.
Always,
Rog
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Rog,
Finally made it back, anyway I am not sure if you clicked on Amanda's blog called "Filled" but if you click on that blog there is about 10 comments made pertaining to the Holy Spirit and the filled book, however I would like to comment on your blog also so here I go.
First of all I believe, as I said on Amanda's blog, that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is for everyone and the initial physical evidence of that is speaking in tongues is the evidence of being baptized in teh HOly Sprit, now this does not necessarily include the gift of tongues for congregational use that comes with interpretations as described in the book and I am not going to get detailed about in this message, however Peter does say in Acts 2:17 that God would pour out His Spirit on all flesh and this outpouring is to equip us with a boldness and empower us as Jesus tells in Acts 1:8 and in Luke 24:49 and in Acts 6:8 and so on and this power will give us the boldness to be witnesses of Him and I do not know why Jesus would hold back a good gift like this from anyone if that good gift is going to empower them with boldness to speak of Him to the whole world.
As far as you giving gifts, Rog if you could you would give everybody gifts, the love of God and the gift of giving is in you so much that if you could you would give gifts to all your friends, continuously. However once again even if you don't think you would the Bible once again says in Isaiah 55:8 that Gods thoughts are not our thoughts and our ways are not His ways and Jesus says it like this in Matt 7:11 If you then, being evil , know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
We must remember God's love is not like our love. Even in your demonstration you said "if I complain" and believe me brother Rog we have all complained or worried, or murmured even to the point of sin but God never has because God is omnipotent, omniscience, and omnipresent so we cannot expect God to act like us but we are to act like Him.
Roger, God has blessed you with many great gifts and I believe God wants to bless you even more with many other things in life however I truly believe that even though He has given you the Holy Spirit that He now wants to pour out upon you the Holy Spirit and Baptize you with the Holy Spirit and you will know when this comes because you will begin to speak in other tongues.
Man I feel the Holy Ghost just typing this and thinking about you getting filled brother.
Brother Rog, I thank God that He put you in my life and you are one of the greatest Christians I know and a friend forever.
That statement made me think that even Jesus said that John the Baptist was the greatest born of women but even the least in the Kingdom of God is greater than he. When Jesus came to get baptize by John, John said I am the one that should be baptized by you and John also knew because he said that Jesus comes to baptize in the Holy Spirit and fire. John never did a miracle in his ministry yet Peter and many other disciples in the Bible and still today, filled with the HOly Spirit are doing and have done great miracles because they are and were filled with the HOly Spirit and fire, I believ John knew this was coming and even John the Baptist want everything that Jesus had to offer.
Wow I'm gonna quit here because I am running finger tired.
Have fun and love ya greatly brother.
jett9God shows no partiality ( Acts 10:34)There is Greater Communion with God being Baptized in the Holy Spirit, Jesus spoken it 2000 years ago (John 16:7). Nearly every day, and over three years the disciples were with Jesus. witness His teaching's,.. water into wine, feeding the thousands,.. calming the sea, walking on water, removing demons,..healing the blind, healing the sick and many times the word said "all" Jesus raised the dead to show what can happen when we have constance fellowship with the Father. When Jesus spoke that you must.. John 6:53
"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.
[NKJV] Jesus is saying lay down your lives "daily" and say,"not my will, but His will be done."
After Jesus spoken many who did follow, no longer followed Him.
(they had an unwilling spirit)
Jesus told his disciples, that it is to your advantage that I go away. John 16:17
Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
NKJV
The "Holy Spirit" never comes until there is a place ready for Him. The Holy Spirit can only come into our bodies. Our body, must daily submit to Him. We must humble ourselves. It's our job. We must all decide to become like little children, to have a "babe spirit"
a child is totally dependent, we must choose to be so. A child is unknowing but has an inward drive to learn. A child is pure, innocent, and without conceit,(the works of keeping humble) A child is totally trusting of his or her parents, totally unquestioningly and unthinkingly how it going to happen, but trust God in everything. Matt 18:3-4
"Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
NKJV and with greatness comes the resurrection power of the Holy Spirit.
My friends do you see that we no good, unless we let God take charge of us and when he takes control of us in the Spirit what a wounderful door that is opened.
Submit to the power of the Holy Spirit, If you yield! other people will be saved. When you know the power of the resurrection, other people will be raised out of death and taken out of all kinds of evil into a blessed life through the Spirit.
Remember resurrection is an evidence that we have awakened to a New Revelation of Truth that will not cease, but will always go on with a greater force and increasing power with God, It's only with the Holy Spirit.
Again, remember, "Jesus is resurrection."Rom 6:11
Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
NKJV
"be filled with the Spirit."
Dana
Post a Comment